Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mark Bittman rocks

Mark Bittman is a food writer for the New York Times, a cookbook author, and TV personality. He's not a vegetarian, but his message is truly consistent with most veg*ns I know. He gave a moving and thought-provoking lecture last year at the Entertainment Gathering Conference in California. The talk is available in its entirety online. I owe my gratitude to one of my veggie RD colleagues, who passed along the video to the EML of the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group. It's a longie (20 min) but worth every second. EVERYONE should see this video. Mr. Bittman has a way of keeping it real, and presenting some pretty sobering facts without imposing guilt on the viewer. I think he is a genius, and this clip is a must-see.

I find it interesting that folks who are already forward-thinking and who are already making a difference are the ones sharing resources such as this. Preaching to the choir, if you will. This video should be shared on ALL dietetic lists, not just the veggie one... but beyond that, if you eat, then you should watch this.

No comments: