Dina's Nachos Supreme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 package of Smart Ground Mexican Style
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- shredded Follow Your Heart Nacho Style "cheese"
- natural tortilla chips of your choice
- shredded lettuce
- chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 can jalapeno black beans or plain black beans
- 1 can organic "refried" pinto beans
- salsa of your choice
- Sour Supreme tofutti no hydrogenated oil sour "cream"
Chop up the onion and saute it in the olive oil for a few minutes. Add the veggie Ground, salsa, chili powder, and saute until it's hot. Heat up the black beans (if unseasoned, add a whole lot of cumin and other seasonings of your choice) and refried beans on the stove or in the microwave. That's it! Now just assemble the remaining ingredients. Either put it all together like they do at the pub, or, put everything in little bowls and have folks take what they want, how they want it. You can substitute taco shells for the chips and make tacos instead.
Calories in this meal can add up quickly, so if you're watching it, go easy on the chips, cheese, and sour cream, be liberal with the veggies and beans, and moderate with the guac and ground. You can also stretch it to save calories, by including additional chopped raw veggies like bell peppers, cucumbers, and shredded carrots.